Firestone 76mm wide QuickSeam Splice tape - 30.4m roll - W56RAC1603
Seaming tape. A full roll, 75mm wide x 30.4m long. Used for lap seam joining of EPDM line
- For correct application of this tape you must prepare the mating raw EPDM surfaces with QuickPrime Plus EPDM Seam Primer applied with a Scotchbright type plastic scouring pad or Firestone QuickScrubber Tool Set. No other primer liquid is permitted.
- It is critical that the seaming surfaces are not contaminated with sand from the substrate. The use of geotextile underlay or even a 1m wide strip of black builder's plastic under the entire seam if not using underlay will prevent sand contaminants. A rigid board must be dragged along underneath during application if on soft or uneven ground to ensure a solid force can be applied to the seam with the Firestone Seam Rolling Tool. For small on-off jobs the Budget Seam Roller Tool will be sufficient.
- A crayon mark is placed approximately 20mm out from the overlap edge. This means that the placement of the backing tape to this crayon mark will ensure that there is a minimum 5mm of exposed seam tape when the overlap is placed and rolled into position - see in the video below
- When overlapping Seam Splice tape, Firestone Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone Lap Sealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
- Where multiple panels of EPDM meet resulting in a tee or cross intersection of overlapping QuickSeam Splice tape, Firestone Installation Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone LapSealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
How to apply 76mm QuickSeam Splice Tape
Please note the important detail during the following video time slots:
- At 1.05 mins, watch tacking of the panels together to eliminate unwanted movement of the panel alignment and reducing possible dust ingress from the substrate.
- At 1.37 mins, watch the crayon mark positioned 20mm from the overlap edge to allow correct positioning of seam tape later. This enables 5-10mm of seam tape to be exposed on completion of the seam. This means that that there will be no unadhered overlap on completion.
- At 1.42 mins, watch how primer is used as a temporary tacking of the overlap. This prevents it being inadvertently blown back by wind during the process.
- At 2.50 mins, see the careful placement of the seam tape's backing tape. It is aligned against the crayon marks.
Installing a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch on a QuickSeam Splice Tape overlap
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a T joint of QuickSeam Splice Tape (Option 1). Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spot
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a T joint of QuickSeam Splice Tape (Option 2). Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spots
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a sharp angle-change of a seam. Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spots